Friday, May 23, 2008

Day number one

Wow! Day number one of my new blog! I have always read my sister-in-law's blog to keep up with her family. I thought it was a great idea, but shyed away from creating my own because I didn't know how interesting or funny I could make it. Hers always gives me a laugh. So if you are expecting something wonderfully insightful, you are in the wrong place for sure.

I am currently home on maternity leave for about 3 more weeks with the newest addition to our family. I have a son who is 6 and a daughter who is 5 weeks.

I have always dreamed of being a stay at home mom and this is a wonderful time for me to pretend that I don't have to go back to work. I don't have a choice in this matter because our bills demand it. It's one of those situations where your mistakes in the beginning of your marriage follow you and demand attention for the rest of your life. Anyway, we don't make enough for me to quit my job and daycare chews up just enough of our money to make life too tight. So for now I am pretending and my husband is enjoying the fact that I am home cooking dinner every night. At least I think he is. I am sure he would love it if I would stop trying new recipes from Food Network. I don't think he liked the Tur-Chicken burgers I made from Rachel Ray, but he was nice and said he did. The give away was that he didn't want any leftovers for his lunch. Instead he ate at the K&W. just gross! My burgers were way better than that!

Anyway, today I watched the movie P.S. I Love You. So sappy. Definitely not something to watch at home alone. It made me want my hubby to come home early. And guess what, he called and he is finishing up early today. Too bad we will probaly spend the afternoon at the grocery store and then take my son to his Tae Kwon Do (TKD) class. My son does have a sleep over tonight though, maybe. maybe not!

So I have lots of ideas to fill you all in on. My sister who is moving to PA and the cute things my baby is learning, like playing with toys for the first time today thanks to her aunt (who is the great blogger). Stay tuned also for results on my son's upcoming TKD class also.

No comments: